Interested in becoming a Professional Diver/ PADI Divemaster and have some time to spend in Barbados?
The PADI Divemaster Course is the bridging certification from the recreational diver realm into the dive professional world. This is the certification to get divers from Rescue Diver level into leading, guiding, demonstrating, teaching and becoming a professional dive leader.
This course option, unlike the strict course itself (see our PADI Divemaster course), is an extended version of the PADI Divemaster course that provides more hands on real-life experience scenarios into your Divemaster training by incorporating more shadowing and participation in active open water/advanced/rescue courses and more experience diving with certified divers. This is an excellent course and takes longer as we maximise your training schedule around our dive shop operations. Internship participants need 3 weeks minimum and includes flexible training activities up to maximum of 6 weeks.
- Be an awesome human being.
- be a qualified PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent)
- have an up to date EFR/First Aid certificate
- Have 40 logged dives to begin training (including recent dive experience). You must have 60+ logged dives to complete the course.
- a diver’s medical stating your passing fitness grade. Unlike other PADI courses because this is a professional level course we need this up to date and copies available.
- Have deep diving and night diving experience
- be 18 years+
** All of these pre-requisites we teach/can supply except an age change, or a medical certificate 🙂
Ask us if in doubt.
What is included:
- PADI Divemaster eLearning
- PADI Divemaster Crew-pak
- theory development, in water instruction, dives, pool training
- Barbados Blue rash guard
It is strongly recommended that all professional Divemaster candidates have:
- personal dive gear. This looks like a long list but you will learn why all of these components are crucial for proper DM operations and you will need them as a certified PADI Divemaster looking to work in the industry (BCD/Regulator/Dive Computer/Mask/Snorkel/Fins/Wetsuit/Compass/Signaling Device/SMB/reel/Cutting Tool)
At the completion of your Divemaster course you will be given your application to post to PADI head office. Unlike previous PADI courses this one needs to be submitted in its original version to PADI head office for processing. On approval of your application you will have a PADI pro membership fee to pay PADI directly ~$135 US. If you will be working as a Divemaster this is an annual membership fee to maintain your active pro status.
If you are interested in the Divemaster course with Barbados Blue but do not have 3-6 weeks to get it done please see our PADI Divemaster course option which provides alternatives for 8+ intensive training days if you have your eLearning and all pre-requisites completed in advance.