Try a Scuba Dive TODAY!
Resort Diving for ages 10+
PADI Discover Scuba Diving (DSD), otherwise known as Resort Diving, is a half day course including an Open Water dive. This is the introductory session designed to give individuals who are interested in diving a chance to try out the equipment in a supervised confined water setting. Once comfortable underwater the new divers are taught a few of the basic scuba skills in the pool to build confidence. Finally, divers complete their DSD experience with an Open Water dive around the shipwrecks of Carlisle Bay Marine Park. This experience is not in itself a certification course, however, it may be used toward a PADI certification with Barbados Blue or another PADI training facility. Be sure and fill out the Diver Medical Form before you arrive.
Want to get certified? Many of our Discover Scuba Diving students go on to leave Barbados as certified divers. With the help of our staff the PADI scuba diving certification courses may be completed at Barbados Blue in just a few days. Below are the two introductory PADI certification courses. These internationally recognized and never expire! They can also be upgraded anytime to more advanced courses.
Beginner PADI Certification Courses
Valid all over the world and once you keep diving they never expire!!
PADI Scuba Diver Certification
The PADI Scuba Diver course (1-2 days) is the intermediate course and gets divers down to 40 ft (12 m). Their PADI certification card will stipulate that this student always dives with an instructor. This diving course is a great option for the annual vacationer who likes to resort dive along their travels, or as a stepping stone toward the PADI Open Water Diver certification. Be sure and fill out the Diver Medical Form before you arrive.
PADI Scuba Diver Prerequisites & Qualification Details
- Minimum age 10 years old
- Must be in good physical health
- Must be able to swim 200 yards unassisted – there is no time limit 🙂
- Certifies divers down to a depth of 12 m (40 ft)
- PADI Scuba Diver is an easy upgrade from PADI Discover Scuba Diving
- This course can be easily upgraded to the PADI Open Water Diver level …
- Be sure and fill out the Diver Medical Form before you arrive.
PADI Open Water Diver Certification
The most popular certification course in Barbados is the PADI Open Water Diver Certification. This course takes on average 3-4 days, however the course schedule can be quite flexible and can be made to suit almost any holiday schedule. The PADI Open Water requires dive students to complete the PADI Open Water theory as background foundation to their confined water training and open water diving. Be sure and fill out the Diver Medical Form before you arrive.
PADI Open Water Diver Course Prerequisites & Qualification Details
- Minimum age 10+
- Diver must be in good physical health (see medical)
- Must be able to swim 200 yards unassisted
- Certifies divers down to a recommended depth of 18 m (60 ft)
- The PADI Open Water is an easy upgrade from the PADI Scuba Diver course
To help make the dive theory as much fun and convenient as possible there are many options … check them out!
- PADI Open Water Diver manual and DVD = independent study in a newly designed and released text book
- PADI Open Water Touch = Tablet ready version of the text book and video integrated into an awesome and interactive package. For Android and iPad
- PADI eLearning = take the convenience of completing the theory in advance and online on your schedule. You can sign up with us and complete your homework in our elearning classroom. We get updates on your progress and you get to pick and choose the best times for you!